Every day, coat hangers are seen less in modern homes. However, it can be very useful and at the same time decorative piece in any house. On a rack, you can hang your coats, wallet, umbrellas, and hats.
With a little imagination, you can make your own coat rack that looks very contemporary or rustic, as it goes better with the design of your house, and without spending a lot of money. Just use what you have at hand, recycle used items and you will have a coat rack made to your liking.
How to make a coat rack with bottles?
If you are looking for an idea to reuse the bottles that you have accumulated at home, then opt for this interesting project. You can make a hanger to hang your hats or any accessory you prefer.
What do you need?
- 4 or 5 glass bottles They can be more or less and can be the same or different, depending on the design you choose.
- A rectangular glass or acrylic sheet.
- A piece of fine string.
- A lighter.
- A container with water.
- Transparent glue
- First, tie the string around a bottle, about 5 centimeters below the neck. Make sure the rope has a single turn and it fits snugly.
- Then, wet the rope with alcohol, which is well impregnated.
- With the lighter ignites the string. Maybe you need to try several times if it shuts down very fast.
- After about a minute of continuous fire and before it goes out, put the bottle in the container with water. You should hear a few clicks of glass breaking. That means that the bottle has the cut along the string.
- Repeat the process with the other bottles. Measure to keep the same size in all.
- On the glass or acrylic sheet mark the spaces in which you want to stick the bottles.
- Put transparent glue, preferably with a glue gun.
- Glue the bottles in the place marked on the glass or acrylic sheet.
- Finally, when it dries, you can hang your new rack on the wall using fastening nails up and down. You can also open two small holes in the corners superires to put a normal nail.
Coat rack with forks
Do you have old forks that you no longer use? Then turn them into coat racks to hang your hats. You only have to fold them to give them the desired shape.
What do you need?
- Antique holders.
- Drill with a small drill for metal.
- A piece of wood.
- To start, put the fork on the wood and fix it well with tape or garters.
- Next, with the drill, open a small hole in the upper part of the fork handle.
- Remove the fork and with the pliers bend the handle upwards, approximately from the center.
- You can also bend some of the fork’s teeth to make a design to your liking.
- Finally, stick the fork into the wall using the hole you opened at the beginning. You can also nail the forks to a piece of wood and nail the wood to the wall.
Rustic coat rack
The racks with rustic style are ideal for those who like this style. Even they go well in those spaces with decoración vintage.
What do you need?
- Hooks hangers (are available at hardware stores).
- Nails and hammer.
- Hanging hooks
- First, cut several rectangular pieces of wood, about the size.
- Next, paint them to your liking.
- Put them side by side and put a strip of wood on top and another on the bottom.
- Next, nail the wood strip to each piece of wood with small, thin nails.
- Between the two strips of wood, nail the hooks on each piece of colored wood.
- To finish, you can nail the rack directly to the wall opening holes in the upper corners or you can nail hanging hooks in the back.
Have you tried to make these racks to hang your hats? As you just noted, they are easy to make and you can use materials that you have at home.